Whenever you tried to launch any form in Internet Explorer 7 or higher in Oracle E-business Suite 11i, Internet Explorer crashes resulting in the following error:
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The problem can have various causes but generally this problem is caused by the incompatibilities between shared dll’s.
To attempt to solve this problem, please do the following.
When the error appears select the link “To see what data this error report contains, click here”
You will then see something similar to the following screen
If you are running Internet Explorer 7 or higher please make sure you meet the minimum requirements as follows:
– E-Business Suite Release 11i version 11.5.9.CU2
– Oracle Developer 6i patchset 18 (184.108.40.206.x) or later
– Oracle Applications Technology 11i.ATG_PF.H Rollup 4 (RUP 4) (Patch 4676589)
– JInitiator 1.3.1.x
– Desktop clients running Microsoft Windows XP
In order to solve this problem, please follow the steps below:
- upgrade your java home to JRE 1.6.x_x.
- copy the “jvm.dll” file from <<java_home>>\bin\client and paste it into <<JInitiator>>\bin\hotspot.
For complete details about this configuration, see:
Recommended Browsers for Oracle Applications 11i (Metalink Note 285218.1)